Sharing Life...One Moment at a Time

Life...it's a gift from God. Each moment is ordained by Him and designed to bring glory to Him and accomplish good on our behalf. Sharing life takes transparency, something that is both a strength and a weakness. God's Word tells us to exhort one another to love and good works. May the sharing of life's moments encourage you and challenge you to live the life God has planned specially for you!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Devotional Thought

One thing I seem to constantly battle is being overwhelmed with life. I wish there was a switch to turn off the evaluating voice in my head. My pastor recently asked me if I was overwhelmed with ministry. To be honest, there are times when I am. However, ministry is something that drives me and gives me such joy. I feel it is an expression of worship to the Lord. I feel it is obedience to Him. I'm humbled to serve Him. Each ministry that I get involved in is one that I am passionate about. Teaching Sunday School, playing the piano, and discipleship. So, I asked, which one do I drop? At times these ministries overlap in a way that I honestly don't know how I'm going to manage. Add family life, homeschooling, and teaching in our co-op and it can almost put me over the edge. I know this isn't how God wants me to feel or live. So what is the answer to this battle? The Word. It's always the Word of God. Tonight I came home from an event honoring a friend's birthday. I was feeling so tired and discouraged and...overwhelmed. Bryan decided to run an errand, leaving me alone (children in bed). I pulled out my Bible and a devotional book. Timely. God's Word is always timely.

Deuteronomy 33:27 - "The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms."

Psalm 27:14 - "Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD."

What are you overwhelmed about? Go to the Word. Take time to sit and wait for the Lord, eagerly and patiently (Ps. 40:1). Let Him give you rest for your soul. Getting overwhelmed is usually a result of trying to accomplish things in our own strength. We will fail every time. Aren't you glad, though? If we were strong enough, we wouldn't need a Savior. I don't know about you, but I NEED a Savior! I need rest for my soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment